Sunday 23 March 2014

Amazing trip to York! :)

Cliffords Tower

Hello there! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update this month! However, I do have a valid excuse as a lot has happened this month :) 

My partner and I went on a trip to York last week which was amazing! We fell in love with the city almost instantly, it reminded us so much of our time in Chester but with more history to be seen around the city. Our hotel was situated near to Cliffords Tower so it was one of the first things we saw on our walk from the Station (aside from the walls of course). Thankfully we visted York whilst the country had the bout of lovely spring time weather, so lots of beautiful blue skies in photos :) 

I love visiting places that have lots of history to be seen and explored, therefore, York seemed like one of the best places for me to go on a budget. I love the Tudor history and I know that a lot happened in York during Henry VIII's reign, the disillusionment of Catholic Abbey's and Churches for one, so it was lovely to be able to view the remains of St Mary's Abbey.



I won't bore you all with the lots of details about our trip! I will however say that it is worth going to the York Museum as there are so many interesting things to see and I would definitely recommend the Chocolate Fondue in York's Chocolate Story!

Now as for the second reason of my lack of blogging since the beginning of the month was the preparation for our trip to York and then having to see family and friends to give some good news! 

But to make up for it here are some beautiful pictures from York!

Cliffords Tower with Daffodils 

Part of the Walls

 Pretty house in Museum Gardens

 York Minster

 View of York

View of York Minster from Cliffords Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment