Monday 18 August 2014

Books, Books and More Books...

So at the beginning of my blogging journey I told you all that I had studied English at University. There were many reasons why I chose to study that subject, these are just some of them: 1. it was one of my strongest subjects. 2. I enjoyed reading (so why not try studying Literature and discovering new texts to read). 

Of course this means that I love to read, although I took a long break from reading after University as the three years took it out of me. I thought I could do a post about my love of books and let you know some of the ones that I have come to love over the years (who knows it might end up that you are interested to read them). The list I will write is not in any particular order, just the ones that come to my head as I write.

Harry Potter Series
Who doesn't love these books?! I will always return to them as they are my happy place :)


The Infernal Devices Series
It took me a while to get in to this series (yes I know it's for teenagers) but it is something light to read after some of the texts from Uni and I definitely enjoyed it. (Read this series before The Mortal Instruments, handy tip).

The Mortal Instruments Series
Another teenage book series but its definitely a good read and again light compared to some from Uni. The whole series had me hooked.

The Hobbit
Ever since watching The Lord of the Rings films I have been interested to read them all. And The Hobbit is a really good read, no where near as descriptive as The Lord of the Rings.

The Lord of the Rings
I read this out of intrigue from watching the films, and I will admit that it is extremely long winded (Tolkien loves his description), however, they are worth a read as there are so many interesting parts that aren't in the films.

Girl, Interrupted
This is a more unusual book for me as it was one from my course, I really enjoyed it though. It was a text that I found difficult to read for personal reasons but once past that I realised just how good it was. The film is also worth a watch.

These will be all of them for now as I could ramble for ages about different books that I love.

What books have you been reading lately? Or what are your favourite books? 

Let me know in the comments or even via twitter!

Love xx

Twitter: crazyandcurly
Instagram: crazyandcurly

No comments:

Post a Comment